VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF PENNSYLVANIA
BUDDY POPPY PROGRAMS CONTESTS
OUR GOAL FOR 2020 - 2021
1. 100% Post and Auxiliary participation
2. Place Pennsylvania in the "One Million Poppy Club.”
3. Every member wearing a Buddy Poppy at all VFW Functions
4. Increase purchases and participation of Post and Auxiliaries in Buddy Poppy Programs.
DEPARTMENT DISPLAY CONTESTS RULES
A Buddy Poppy Display Contest will be held at the 2020 -2021 Department Convention
1.National Convention Buddy Poppy Display guidelines will be adhered to for the Department Contest.
2.Display area will be announced.
3.The Post or Auxiliary must have purchased Poppies during the current year to be eligible to enter the contest (prior years purchases may be used)
4.All displays must have an official display entry form filled out completely. Entry forms will be provided to entries at the Department Convention or by contacting the Department Chairman prior to the convention.
5.All Displays must be assigned a Category by the sponsoring Post or Auxiliary. Displays will not be judged if not categorized.
6.The Judging will be completed in a closed forum.
7.There will be five (5) judges, two each selected by the VFW and Auxiliary Department Chairman. A coin toss will determine which chairman/woman will select the fifth judge.
8.Judging will take place on Friday after the Patriotic Rally.
9.Contest winners will be announced on Saturday prior to nomination of Officers.
10.The Department will not transport any displays to or from the Convention.
11. Prizes will be awarded for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place in each category.
1st place winner will receive a plaque and $100.00 VFW Store Gift Certificate.
2nd place winner will receive a $50.00 VFW Store Gift Certificate.
3rd place winner will receive a $25.00 VFW Store Gift Certificate.
12. All Post or Auxiliary’s must notify the Department Buddy Chairman, in writing by April 30, 2021, that they plan to have a Poppy Display at the convention. Please include in the letter if the display is going to require a space over 3’ x 3’. This is requested to ensure e have the proper amount of display area for entries.
13.All displays MUST be set-up prior to the opening the VFW Friday Morning business sessions.
14.Displays placing 1st or 2nd in the Department Contest are eligible to advance to the National Contest. The Post or Auxiliary must notify the Department Adjutant in writing by June 30, 2021 if they are attending.
Department 2019 -2020 Buddy Poppy Chairman
302 Wildwind Drive
Rostraver Twp, Pa 15012